March Review/April at a Glance

March
I'm reading. I'm totally reading. But I'm not blogging. I can't do it all people! Between reading the books and selling the books, I'm just not finding the time to blog the books. I'm much more active on Twitter and Instagram so follow me there (@goodbooksandtea) where we can really discuss books. But I do promise that I will be posting a bit more in depth reviews on here in the weeks to come. I think I may have found a way that works for me, we'll see how it goes for the month of April.

Here is what I read during March:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Dear Ijeawale, or a Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
We Crossed a Bridge and It Trembled: Voices from Syria - Wendy Pearlman

⭐⭐⭐⭐
I Found You - Lisa Jewell
A Blessing and a Curse - ReShonda Tate Billingsley and Victoria Christopher Murray
The Blood of Emmett Till - Timothy B. Tyson

⭐⭐⭐
The Lonely Hearts Hotel - Heather O'Neill
In This Moment - Karma Brown
Is Canada Even Real? How a Nation Built on Hobos, Beavers, Weirdos, and Hip Hop Convinced the World to Beliebe - J.C. Villamere
All the Lives I Want: Essays About My Best Friends Who Happen to Be Famous Strangers - Alana Massey

April

There are a lot of books coming out in April that have caught my interest.

American War - Omar El-Akkad (4th)
What It Means When a Man Falls From the Sky - Lesley Nneka Arimah (4th)
No One is Coming to Save Us - Stephanie Powell Watts (4th)
The Other Half of Happiness - Ayisha Malik (4th for e-book, Sept 17 for paperback)
Too Much and Not the Mood - Durga Chew-Bose (11th)
The Perfect Stranger - Megan Miranda (11th)
Underground Fugue - Margot Singer (18th)
The Startup - Doree Shafrir (25th)
The Last Neanderthal - Claire Cameron (25th)

We'll see how many of those I can read this month! I also have an ARC of Pasha Malla's Fugue States (May 30) and I'm currently reading two recent releases, The Bluebell Bunting Society by Poppy Dolan and Welcome to Lagos by Chibundu Onuzo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop