Month In Review

August was a busy month for me life-wise - barbecues, parties, picnics, baseball games, and work.  But reading-wise, it was one of the slowest months I have ever had.  There just wasn't much time to pick up a book, but thankfully at the end of the month I was hit with a burst of reading energy and some actual time to really enjoy it.  When the kids head back to school in one week, I'm hoping things will really take off.

Here is what I read in August with my GoodReads ratings:

A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James *****
Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling *****
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon *****
The Face that Changed It All by Beverly Johnson ****

Challenges

Diversity on the Shelf (4)

What I'm Looking Forward to in September

It's the best time of the year - it's Canadian literary award season!  The Giller Prize longlist is announced on September 9 and the Writers' Trust Fiction Prize finalists are announced on September 29th (the Governor General's Literary Award finalists will be announced in October.)  So this month I'm looking forward to finding out who all of the finalists are and reading a whole lot of good Canadian literature!

Comments

  1. I love that you have read so many DOTS books and you are almost done with your goal!!! :) I love Mindy and I have to add Why Not Me? to my growing TBR list.
    Happy Sept reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop