Non-Bookish Things Month in Review

Fun Stuff

We spent Canada Day at the Blue Jays game which is always a fantastic experience.  So much patriotism and it was a great game as well.

July is also the month that our family takes a road trip.  This year we spent a few days in Washington DC (our first time there) and then went to Myrtle Beach for a week (second time there.)  Highlights:

Udvar-Hazy Center (National Air and Space Museum) - my husband is a space and flight geek so he was in his element here.  It was awesome to see the Discovery Space Shuttle and of course the Canadarm.  I loved seeing the pod that Felix Baumgartner jumped out of and my husband was obsessed with the Lockheed SR-17 Blackbird.

Nationals-Dodgers Game - Ok, so the game ended up being suspended because a few of the lights went out.  But we've decided to do the Major League Baseball stadium tour and that is stop #6 for me.  Nationals Stadium is pretty cool.

The Beach - it is hot as all get out down in South Carolina but that doesn't matter when you're at the beach right?  We had a lot of fun boogie boarding, despite every. single. person warning us about sharks when we told them we were heading to Myrtle Beach.

Now it's time to plan next years vacation!

Watching

Television

Before we headed off for vacation I watched the first season of Orange is the New Black. I resisted for such a long time but now I wish I hadn't, I see what everyone is talking about.

Another thing I love about travelling to the US is watching the television I don't have at home.  Any time we were in the condo, I had Bravo on.  Let's just say, even my husband wants to know what's going to happen next on Real Housewives of Orange County, Married to Medicine, Flipped Out, and Million Dollar Listing San Francisco.

Movies

We're in the middle of a heat wave and after a few days of staying inside we got a little stir crazy and where better to head during the heat than to the movie theatre? So off the family went to see Pixels. We're a family of gamers so it was a great pick for us.

And we already have our tickets bought and seats reserved for tomorrow night's premiere of Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation.

Listening

Our music of choice when on long road trips is reggae.  My husband is more of a dancehall guy, while I prefer conscious/roots reggae so we always have a good mix of the two, plus old and new music.  There were a few great songs we recently discovered (that aren't necessarily new) including Romain Virgo's version of Sam Smith's Stay With Me and Mr. Vegas' version of Ed Sheeran's Thinking Out Loud.  And I also recommend checking out Tarrus Riley's Superman.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop