Bout of Books 8.0

This will be the spot where I keep track of my progress, day by day, for Bout of Books.  The more I look ahead to my week, the worse it looks in terms of getting lots of reading done.  But that's okay.  My goal was just to make sure I get some reading done in the midst of a hectic week.

The Rest of the Week + Wrapup
And here is where my reading started to fall off.  I knew it would happen.  Between hosting a family barbecue and then heading out of town, I wasn't expecting much to happen.  I did finish Emancipation Day by Wayne Grady (a fantastic book) and got a start on About A Girl by Lindsay Kelk.  I can definitely say that if it weren't for the readathon I probably wouldn't have finished one book this week.  But I made sure that I set aside a little bit of time each day.  I also enjoyed the few challenges I managed to participate in.  I am definitely looking forward to the next Bout of Books happening in January, I will definitely have a lot of time to devote to that, as the kids will be in school and I tend to hibernate during the winter.

Thursday

Another day spent out of the house but managed to get some reading done before bed.
Total Time Spent Reading: 1 hour
Total Amount Read: 70 pages

Wednesday

Spent the day at the amusement park, no reading.

Tuesday

Busy day running errands, taking the kids out, etc.  You know, life always getting in the way of reading.
Total Time Spent Reading: 1 hour
Total Amount Read: 30% (e-book)
Books Finished: 1 - "Sabbath in the Suburbs"

Monday

I started Monday by reading the last 43 pages of A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra, a book I have been reading for a while because I keep putting it down to do other things.  But I'm glad I finally finished it because it was a great book.  I spent the rest of the day reading between errands.

Total Time Spent Reading: 2 hours, 25 minutes
Total Amount Read: 80 pages (print), 40% (e-book)

Comments

  1. So glad you read Constellation. Whew, that's going to be one of my favorites for 2013

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop