"I Heart London" by Lindsay Kelk


Angela Clark has fallen in love with New York and life is starting to  return the love.  The magazine she wants to publish is about to get off the ground and her gorgeous musician boyfriend is now her gorgeous musician fiancé.  Things are looking good for Angela.

But when Angela is made to return to her hometown of London for a family celebration she'll have to face everything she ran from in the first place.  There is her ex-boyfriend Mark who cheated on her after ten years, her best friend Louisa and her brand new baby, and her mum who still treats her as a child.  Will Angela be able to return to London and escape unscathed or will the old Angela make an appearance?

I Heart London by Lindsay Kelk is a fun chick lit novel that will keep you entertained from the first page.  Angela is a loveable character and the cast of friends and family that surround her will keep you laughing and groaning the whole way through.

I like how Angela is one of those characters who finds herself in crazy situations but isn't neurotic.  Of course, some of her friends and co-workers carry that description well.  I loved her relationship with her fiancé Alex.  I was expecting it to go the way of many chick lit relationships that would involve a misunderstanding and a breaking off of the relationship but it didn't.  They relationship is strong and Alex is one of those guys that can end up being the book crush of many readers.

It turns out that this book is part of a series, in fact it's the fifth book in the series.  When I picked it up I did not know that and throughout the book I wouldn't have guessed.  Kelk does a good job of including what has happened in the past books without taking up too much time setting the scene.  This book can definitely stand alone.  The writing is funny, the scenarios are crazy (planning a wedding in a week in a country you don't live in?!) and there is a perfect balance between humour and romance.

While I can say that you don't need to read the previous books to enjoy this one, I also say, why would you?  I will be going back and starting from the beginning because if the other four are anything like this one, this series will go right up there with Shopaholic and Annie Valentine as a must-read series for me.

Comments

  1. I am looking forward to trying this series and am going to add the first one on my wishlist now. I can't believe I haven't heard of this until now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop