Little Readers

It's time to check in with what my kids are reading this week!

My daughter loves ballet.  She is very excited that next month she'll be old enough to take the proper ballet lessons in our neighbourhood.  This week she picked up Bea at Ballet by Rachel Isadora and Dogs Don't Do Ballet by Anna Kemp at the library.  Bea at Ballet is a fantastic book for any young girl or boy who is taking ballet.

This week my daughter's Scholastic order arrived and thus our favourite French book this week is Fraisinette: Ma première soirée pyjama by Presses aventures.  It's a cute little book about Strawberry Shortcake and her friends having a sleepover, with one of the girls being nervous because she has never been to one before.

Where is Boots? A Lift the Flap Story by Kiki Thorpe and Troubles with Bubbles by Frank B. Edwards are the two books my son has been reading this week for his speech therapy.  They are repetitive books that work on lip rounding, which is something he needs to practice given his oral motor speech problems.

I'm linking this post up to The Children's Bookshelf, hosted by Erica at What Do We Do All Day?

Comments

  1. Awwww. I miss the kiddie ballet books. My daughter is a dancer and so we had every one ever published I think. She's a teenager now though so we passed them all on to my niece. Nothing cuter than a tiny little girl in a tutu although I have to say that pointe shoes beat ballet slippers on looks any day of the week. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop