Little Readers

Once a week I like to share some of the favourite books that I read with my kids, both in English and French.  Here's what we read last week:

Bonne nuit, je t'aime! by Caroline Jayne Church is a sweet little book about getting ready for bed.  It goes through the steps of a bedtime routine and has the most precious illustrations!  This book is available in English and Church has a variety of books just like this one.

The Littlest Sled Dog by Michael Kusugak is about a little dog who dreams of being a sled dog in the North.  Kusugak is an Inuit storyteller and this book, which takes place in Rankin Inlet, is a great book to introduce kids to Inuit culture.


Up Dog by Hazel Hutchins is all about the things a dog can get into during the day.  Each page has a two or three word phrase that involves the word up.  I bought it for my son whose speech delay involves dropping consonants at the end of his words and up is one that we practice for him to learn how to form words properly.  I also like this book because my five year old, who is a basic reader, can read this one herself.


I'm linking this post up to The Children's Bookshelf at What Do We Do All Day?

Comments

  1. I haven't read any of these. Thanks for sharing them at The Children's Bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All new books for me too.
    This is my first time visiting your blog. I should take a little poke around. Do you regularly read books in French to your children?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie, thanks for stopping by. I do regularly read French books to my kids. My daughter does all of her schooling in French so we read it at home as well.

      Delete
  3. I heard an interview recently with Shelagh Rogers and Michael Kusugak (on The Next Chapter: love that show) and was reminded that I need to find copies of all his books, starting with this one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop