"Global Soccer Mom" by Shayne Moore

Shayne Moore was your typical full-time suburban mom, living in an insular world of soccer practices, bake sales, and carpools. Until one day she attended a talk by Bono of U2 and learned about the devastation of poverty and HIV/AIDS around the world. With her eyes opened she knew she couldn't stay silent about this global epidemic and she became involved in the local fight. Before she knew it she was travelling the world with the organization ONE, meeting rock stars and world leaders, and doing her part to change the world.


Global Soccer Mom is the story of Shayne's journey but moreso is a call to action for women and men of all walks of life to find a cause they are passionate about and to go out and make a difference in the world. Her story shows that no person is too small to make a difference and no matter how busy your life, there is always room for getting involved in a worthy cause.


As Shayne chronicles her journey from full time soccer mom to world-travelling global advocate every reader will become inspired by her motives and determination and look within their own lives to see what changes they can make. As a mother of a 2-year-old and a 4-year-old I myself was very inspired by this book. I often find myself wanting to get out and get involved in this type of work, but I feel that I don't have the means or time to do so. Shayne Moore has proven me wrong.


It doesn't matter what your place in life is, you don't need to be rich and powerful to make a difference in this world. God has called all of us to do what we can and to care for others. Global Soccer Mom will help you get on the road to living a life of advocacy and charity.


I would like to thank the author, Shayne Moore, for providing me with a copy of this book. The opinions expressed above are purely my own.

Comments

  1. These stories are always so inspiring. There was a short period of time that I was unemployed and I was thinking about doing some type of mission work. It wasn't as easy to pack up and go as I thought it would be. I'd like to see someone map out the steps from going to full-time employee to full time philanthropist - and maybe this book does. I'll have to take a look at the synopsis....

    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop