"Nina Garcia's Look Book" by Nina Garcia

If you have ever stood in front of your closet and asked yourself "what should I wear?" then Nina Garcia has the book for you. Nina Garcia's Look Book helps you figure out what to wear for every occasion. From a job interview to a black tie wedding, and everything in between, the fashion director of Marie Clare magazine and Project Runway judge will make sure you never question your wardrobe choices again.


This book is extensive. Every situation in which a woman finds herself is covered (including some rare situations like meeting a potential surrogate.) In addition to covering clothes, Nina talks about appropriate hair and makeup. Two cool features are "rule breakers we love" and "rules are made to be broken" which help show that fashion isn't always about strict rules but is about dressing appropriately.


This is a great, necessary book that I think all women will love. It is divided into different sections - work, dating, day, night, holidays, life events, weddings and dream travel - and every woman will find what she needs.


What is really great about this book is that it's not rigid in what it tells you to wear. You don't need to buy a whole new wardrobe, have the latest trends or dress in a certain style. The book helps you to pick outfits from what is already in your closet. The illustrations, by Ruben Toledo, are adorable and the book has a beautiful layout.


I think this book is a must-have. Nina Garcia knows fashion and she knows how to make women look good, and with this book you will never find yourself underdressed or overdressed again.

Comments

  1. I need this book!! :-) Thanks for reviewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was standing in front of my closet like that just this morning. I think I need this book as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great book. I'm a stay at home mom but do find myself in situations where I need to dress appropriately and I'm not sure what from my "mom wardrobe" would work for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need this book. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came to this blog through Lindy's blog. I like the set of books you have written about. Great reviews.

    Do visit my blog too -
    http://literarysojourn.blogspot.com (dedicated to book reviews, interviews and my art work)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop