Book Blog Swap - Maid To Match by Deeanne Gist


Today I am swapping blogs with Joy from Edgy Inspirational Romance. I'm reviewing Urban Christian fiction over at her blog, and Joy has joined us here to review Historical Christian Romance, a genre which is completely new to me!


Maid to Match by Deeanne Gist

If I measured the heat level of a romance by how many times I dog eared the pages to come back to them, then Maid to Match would be like a summer in Arizona. This inspirational romance was steamy, just the way I like 'em. And just so we're clear, a steamy inspirational means lots of restrained passion, not graphic descriptions.

Deeanne Gist has a way with writing dialogue- romantic one liners that just rip at your heart and bottom out your stomach (there's a scene involving shirt measurements that made me swoon). If you've been reading my blog, you already know I'm a huge fan of Gist's work. But I'd place this latest book in her top three, along with my dog eared copies of A Bride Most Begrudging and The Measure of a Lady.

Mack and Tillie are both likable characters with hearts for God. I found the premise of a romance between house servants at the Biltmore Estate unique, and I got such a kick out of exploring the setting- turn of the century North Carolina. One of the thrills of reading a great book is discovering new places, and Maid to Match delivered on that account too. The author hinted at a mountain man culture in that area that I'd never heard of. And the details she included about the Biltmore Estate made me wish I could visit.

I definitely recommend you put Maid to Match on your must read list!



Joy Tamsin David is a wife, mother, and Jesus lover. She's also a pre--published writer and slightly obsessed book blogger. When she's not hanging out with her husband and sons, she reads and writes romance. It gives her a daily does of girl in a house full of men. You can get girlie with her at her blog, Edgy Inspirational Romance.


Comments

  1. Joy!
    I've wanted to read this book!! LOL! But everywhere is out of it right now : (

    That tells you something I guess : P

    Have you ever been to the Builtmore? Soooooo beautiful!
    Talk to you soon!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! I love the part about your dog-eared pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would *love* to visit the Biltmore. Deeanne Gist is there right now with a group of fans on her Getaway with Dee. I wanted to go sooo bad, but I've got this pesky job. LOL.

    One day I'll make it.

    Thanks for commenting Hannah and Juju, and thanks for having me over here Shan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I have this one on my wishlist. Christian Fiction, and Christian Historical Fiction is new to me. I've began to explore it this year, and I've fallen in love with this genre.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Joy, the Biltmore Estate is gorgeous! Your really DO need to get there sometime : ) We loved it and it's so history rich also! Lol...someday....
    No problem, it was fun!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for stopping by today! This is a new genre to me and this book definitely sounds like a great place to start from Joy's wonderful review!

    Thanks for doing the blog swap with me Joy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop